Chicken & Roasted Vegetable “Fantastic Toaster Oven” Quesadillas
Recipe By Chef Jim Coleman
Make the vegetables ahead and all you have to do is assemble and heat these easy quesadillas.
- 2 green onions
- ½ medium zucchini, cut into ½” dice
- ½ red bell pepper, cut into ½” dice
- ½ yellow pepper, cut into ½” dice
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Kosher salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded skinless rotisserie chicken meat
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cups (loosely packed) fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 8 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- Cooking spray + 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1. Preheat toaster oven to 425°F. Thinly slice green onions; reserve 2 tablespoons dark green tops for garnish.
- 2. Toss the zucchini, peppers, onion, garlic, 2 teaspoons olive oil, salt and pepper together in a mixing bowl.
- 3. Place vegetables on the baking pan made for the “Toaster Oven.” Bake in toaster oven until vegetables are soft and browned, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- 4. When vegetables are roasted, return to mixing bowl and toss with the chicken, both cheeses, cilantro, and remaining green onion.
- 5. To assemble quesadillas line up 4 tortillas on a work surface. Place even amounts of the vegetable/chicken mixture on each tortilla, and top with the remaining 4 tortillas.
- 6. Reduce the oven temperature to 400°F and line baking pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. Place 2 quesadillas on baking pan and brush the tops lightly with oil and bake for about 6 to 6:30 minutes, until tops are golden and cheese is melted.
- 7. Cut quesadillas into quarters and serve with salsa, guacamole, and non-fat sour cream; sprinkle with reserved green onions.