Chicken Fingers with Dipping Sauces
Recipe By American Heart Association
You can never have too many chicken finger recipes or dipping sauces!
Serves 4; about 3 ounces chicken and 1 tablespoon plus 1½ teaspoons dipping sauce per serving
- 1 cup fat-free or low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 pound chicken tenders, all visible fat discarded
- Vegetable oil spray
For the Coating Mixture:
- ½ cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/3 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For the Creamy Honey Mustard Sauce:
- ¼ cup fat-free or light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
For the Blackberry Dipping Sauce:
- ¼ cup all-fruit seedless blackberry spread
- 2 tablespoons fat-free or light mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Put the yogurt in a medium bowl. Add the chicken, stirring to coat. Set aside.
- 2. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly spray a baking sheet with vegetable oil spray.
- 3. In another medium bowl, stir together the coating mixture ingredients.
- 4. Dip one piece of chicken at a time in the coating mixture, turning gently to coat. Arrange the chicken in a single layer on the baking sheet. Lightly spray the chicken with vegetable oil spray.
- 5. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink in the center and the coating is crisp.
- 6. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the desired sauce.
- 7. Serve the chicken fingers with the sauce on the side.
Chicken Fingers with Creamy Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce Nutrition Analysis (per serving): Calories 320, Total Fat 3.5 g, Saturated 1.0 g, Polyunsaturated 0.5 g, Monounsaturated 0.5 g, Carbohydrates 37 g, Sugars 11 g, Fiber 2 g, Cholesterol 71 mg, Protein 35 g, Sodium 477 mg.
Dietary Exchanges: 2 starch, ½ skim milk, 3 very lean meat.
Chicken Fingers with Blackberry Dipping Sauce Nutrition Analysis (per serving):
Calories 326, Total Fat 3.0 g, Saturated 1.0 g, Polyunsaturated 0.5 g, Monounsaturated 0.5 g, Carbohydrates 40 g, Sugars 14 g, Fiber 2 g, Cholesterol 69 mg, Protein 34 g, Sodium 421 mg.
Dietary Exchanges: 1½ starch, ½ fruit, ½ skim milk, 3 very lean meat.