Chicken Fingers with Collard Greens
Recipe By Chef Joe Brown, Melange Café
Here's a healthy way to have some Sunday Soul Food.
Recipe taken from WHYY's A Chef's Guide to Good Cooking.
- ½ breast of chicken
- 1 cup whole wheat or white flour
- Bunch of collard greens
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 slices turkey bacon
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup pre-cooked white beans
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1. Cut chicken in thin strips. Season flour with salt and pepper and add chicken strips to mixture to coat, remove strips.
- 2. Prepare a bunch of collard greens by washing them, pulling ribs out, stacking them up, folding and chopping them up.
- 3. Add olive oil to a frying pan, when oil is hot, sauté chicken until golden brown. Remove chicken and let oil drain on a plate lined with paper towel. Pour out excess fat from pan.
- 4. Add turkey bacon cut into strips, onion cut in medium slices, collard greens, garlic, pinch of red pepper flakes, red wine vinegar, white beans and chicken stock. Let it simmer then add salt last to taste.
- 5. Serve greens with chicken fingers.