Chicken and Cranberry Flatbread with Caramelized Onions and Goat Cheese
Recipe By Pam Anderson
Substitute left over cooked turkey for the chicken in this recipe. We're sure you have some!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium-large onions, halved and sliced thin
- Quick Flatbread Dough or 1 packaged 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce (from a 16-ounce can)
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 ounces crumbled fresh goat cheese (about ½ cup)
- 1. Adjust oven rack to lowest position and heat oven to 500° for flatbread dough or to 450° for packaged pizza crust.
- 2. Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat while slicing onions. When wisps of smoke start to rise from pan, add onions and sauté, stirring infrequently at first and more toward the end, until rich brown and caramelized, 7 to 8 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, place flatbread dough or pizza crust on a cookie sheet and spread with ½ cup cranberry sauce. In a medium bowl, toss remaining ½ cup cranberry sauce with chicken. Sprinkle pizza with chicken, caramelized onions, thyme, and cheese.
- 4. Bake until crust is crisp and cheese melts, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve individual flatbreads or cut pizza into serving portions.