Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry
Recipe By Chef Margaret Kuo, Margaret Kuo’s Wayne
No need to order in or go out… here’s a quick stir-fry at home.
Recipe taken from WHYY’s A Chef’s Guide to Good Cooking.
- ½ chicken breast slightly frozen cut in thin slices
- 1 egg white
- ½ teaspoon corn starch
- ½ teaspoon canola oil
- Broccoli florets
- Salted water
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Diced scallions
- Grated ginger
- Chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons cooking wine (optional)
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce (optional)
- Pinch ground white pepper
- Pinch sugar (optional)
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1. In a bowl mix egg white, corn starch and canola oil. Add chicken to mixture and let it marinate. Blanch broccoli florets in salted water for 2 minutes. Drain well.
- 2. Add 1 tablespoon of canola oil to a wok and let it heat up. Remove chicken from mixture and add it to the hot wok, cook chicken through and set it aside.
- 3. Add scallions, grated ginger, chopped garlic, boiled broccoli florets to the wok. Return chicken to wok and add cooking wine (optional), soy sauce, oyster sauce (optional), white pepper, pinch of sugar (optional), 1 tablespoon of corn starch mixed with 3 tablespoons of cold water and sesame oil.
- 4. Let it simmer and serve over brown rice.