Chai Masala (spice mix for tea)
Recipe By Sanjeev Kapoor from the book How to Cook Indian
This recipe makes the spice mix that use can use to make other drinks and teas.
Makes ¼ cup (20 grams)
- 3/4 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
- 4 (1-inch/2½-cm) cinnamon sticks, broken
- 16 whole cloves
- 16 green cardamom pods
- 4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1. Put the peppercorns, cinnamon, cloves, and cardamom in a spice grinder, and grind to a fine powder.
- 2. Sift the powder into a bowl. Add the ginger and stir well.
- 3. Store in an airtight container.