Recipe By Chef Jim Coleman
Eating your vegetables just got easier with this delicious soup. You get two colors here!
Makes 8 servings
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 6 cups of chicken stock
- 2 pounds of carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup of tomato puree
- ½ to 1 teaspoon of curry powder
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1. Melt the butter and olive oil in a large saucepan. When the butter is hot, add the chopped onion and sauté until soft and translucent. Add the chicken stock and carrots to the pot, then cover and simmer 20 minutes until the carrots are tender. When the carrots are done, let the broth cool.
- 2. When cooled, place the carrots, onions and one cup of chicken stock in the bowl of a food processor and puree the mixture. Transfer the puree back to the saucepan, mixing with the reserved stock. Stir in the tomato puree, curry and season with salt and pepper. Heat through and serve.