Recipe By Chef Kathy Gold
While we wait for our local produce, yellow summer squash is a good alternative. If you also see fresh zucchini you can substitute or mix the two squashes in this easy recipe.
- 4 medium zucchini, quartered and cut in ½ inch slices
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- kernels from one ear of corn, or more to taste
- ¼ cup white onion, diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup Cotija cheese (if unavailable try substituting a dry feta, or shredded Monterey Jack)
- olive oil
- 1. Heat oil in large skillet and add onion. Cook until translucent, and add garlic. Cook for 1 minute, and add zucchini.
- 2. Sauté until lightly browned and add tomato; cook about 1 minute. Add corn and turn off heat. Stir in cilantro and season to taste. Sprinkle cheese over servings.