Cajun Turkey Burgers with Spicy Remoulade
Recipe by Jennifer Chandler
Sometimes turkey burgers lack the “oomph” of beef. In this recipe Jennifer Chandler adds some mustard, and spicy seasonings to the patty and creates a spicy remoulade sauce to give it even more kick.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: about 12 min.
Makes 4 servings
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving: 374 Calories, 8g Fat, 1g Saturated Fat, 0g Trans Fat, 61mg Cholesterol, 43g Protein, 37g Carbohydrates, 6g Dietary Fiber, 835mg Sodium.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving (without roll): 200 Calories, 5g Fat, 1g Saturated Fat, 0g Trans Fat, 61mg Cholesterol, 37g Protein, 4g Carbohydrates, 1g Dietary Fiber, 525mg Sodium.
- 1¼ pounds lean ground turkey
- 6 tablespoons horseradish mustard, divided
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1¾ teaspoons salt-free spicy seasoning, divided
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon drained pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons chopped capers
- 4 small whole wheat rolls, split
- 1. MIX turkey, 4 tablespoons mustard, 4 tablespoons parsley, and 1½ teaspoons spicy seasoning in large bowl. Shape into 4 patties, ½-inch thick.
- 2. COMBINE sour cream, remaining 2 tablespoons mustard and 2 tablespoons parsley, relish, capers and remaining ¼ teaspoon spicy seasoning in small bowl.
- 3. GRILL burgers over medium-high heat for 12 minutes or until no longer pink in center, turning once. Serve on rolls with spicy remoulade.
Tip: -If the spicy seasoning is not available, substitute 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper in the sauce.