Recipe By Chef Chris Koch
So you say your kids don’t like broccoli, well try something new. A buttery sauce poured over broccoli might do the trick. Broccoli polonaise is a tasty dish that the whole family will enjoy.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 168 Calories; 13g Fat (68.9% calories from fat); 5g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 84mg Cholesterol; 210mg Sodium. Exchanges: ½ Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; ½ Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2-½ Fat.
- 1 pound broccoli
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 egg, hard‐boiled, riced
- 1. Remove florets from stem. Peel stem and cut into rounds. Bring a pot of salted water to boil. Place the broccoli in boiling water for 5 minutes. Transfer to strainer to drain, and keep broccoli warm.
- 2. Melt ¼ of the butter in a sauté pan, add the crumbs and cook until golden. Set aside.
- 3. Melt the remaining butter in a saucepan, add lemon. Pour over broccoli and toss to coast.
- 3. Transfer to serving dish. Sprinkle with riced egg and bread crumbs.