Summer Fruit Compote
Recipe By Chef Jim Coleman
Most of us never tire of plain perfectly ripe summer fruit. But, if you are the type to get bored, here's an easy way to add some variety.
Makes enough for 4 people
- 3/4 of a cup of water
- 1 ½ tablespoons of honey
- 1 cinnamon stick
- A pinch of nutmeg
- 2 medium pears, peeled and quartered
- 2 medium peaches, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup of dark cherries, pitted and halved
- 1. In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil with the honey, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 2. Add fruit and simmer, covered, for 3 minutes.
- 3. Remove the fruit with a slotted spoon to a bowl, and chill in the refrigerator. Remove the cinnamon stick and reduce the sauce to about one third by boiling it down. Allow the liquid to cool, then pour it over the fruit and chill well.
- 4. To serve, divide the fruit among serving bowls.