Recipe By Tracee Yablon-Brenner
Use the last of the fresh peaches in this recipe. Hopefully you froze some local strawberries, and if you didn't that's fine but use the last of the season's peaches and freeze a few of those for summer deliciousness in the winter.
Serving Size: 1 cup
Preparation Time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking Time: 0 minute(s)
Nutrition Facts per serving: Calories: 142.9 Total Fat 3.6g Saturated Fat 0g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 92.7mg Total Carbohydrate 23.3g Dietary Fiber 3.9g Sugars 11.1g Protein 4.5g.
Serves 3 people
- 1 cup peaches, frozen sliced unsweetened
- 1 cup, unthawed strawberries, frozen, unsweetened
- ½ cup(s) 8 ounce Greek 0% yogurt
- 1½ cup(s) almond milk original, rice milk or organic skim milk (preferably organic grass-fed
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds (sprouted) (optional) — high in Omega 3s, good for digestion
- 2 teaspoon honey
- Cinnamon sprinkle (optional)
- Whey protein 1-2 tablespoons (optional) — brain power, curbs appetite
- 1. Gather all ingredients and place in high speed blender.
- 2. Mix for 1-2 minutes, or desired consistency and divide into three 8 ounce cups. Drink and enjoy!