Banana Bread Muffins (sugar and gluten free)
Recipe By Fit Fan Jessica Campbell
When Jessica Campbell decided to eliminate gluten and refined sugar from her diet, she missed her breakfast treats. She took an old recipe and with a few substitutions created these gluten free muffins that are good anytime of day.
Makes about 12 muffins
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut oil (melted)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 ¾ cup brown rice flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2. In a large bowl, mix maple syrup, oil, eggs, bananas.
- 3. In a separate bowl, whisk remaining dry ingredients.
- 4. Pour mixture into muffin tray and bake in a for 20 minutes. Enjoy!
Tip: Ripe brown bananas are easy to mash up into a mixture than yellow or green ones.