Best BLT Ever
Recipe By Fit Staff
It’s the season for bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches. We lighten ours up by using turkey or tofu bacon and adding a serving of whole grain. The avocado adds some richness, but with a healthier fat.
Makes 2 sandwiches
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped tarragon
- 2 ounces romaine, rinsed and dried
- 4 slices tofu or turkey bacon, cooked
- 1 avocado
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 4 thick slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 1. Mix tarragon with light mayonnaise and set aside.
- 2. Peel, pit and thinly slice avocado.
- 3. Slice tomato.
- 4. Spread herb mayo on bread.
- 5. Build sandwiches by layering “bacon,”, avocado and tomato slices. Top with romaine and additional slice of bread.