Barbecued Spiced Rubbed Chicken with Chickeria Barbecue Sauce
Recipe By Chef Jim Coleman
Here's a recipe to take advantage of good grilling weather.
For this recipe you will prepare enough spice rub and barbecue sauce to coat 4 skinless chicken breasts.
For the Spice Rub:
- 1 teaspoon each of ground black and white pepper
- ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons each of chile powder, paprika, granulated onion and light brown sugar
- 2½ teaspoons of granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon of ground dried oregano
For the Barbecue Sauce:
- ½ cup of chile sauce
- 2 tablespoons of prepared Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of hot pepper sauce
- 3 tablespoons of light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 2 teaspoon of ground white pepper
- Juice of half of a lemon
- 1. First, prepare your barbecue grill. Thoroughly mix together all the spice rub ingredients in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- 2. Combine all the barbecue sauce ingredients in a saucepan and, stirring occasionally, cook over medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes, until the flavors are thoroughly blended.
- 3. Rub the chicken breasts all over with the spice rub. Place the chicken on the hot grill and cook for 5 minutes.
- 4. Turn the breasts over and cook for 2 minutes longer. Then brush the chicken with the barbecue sauce and continue grilling for 2 to 3 minutes, or until cooked through.
- 5. Remove the chicken breasts from the grill and let them sit for a few minutes before serving.