Asian Grilled Vegetables
Recipe By Chef Jim Coleman
This versatile recipe can go on top of a salad, over rice or pasta but for a hearty vegetarian dish stuff a grilled portobello mushroom with these tasty vegetables.
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon chili or sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large yellow squash, cut into ½-inch thick slices
- 1 large onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 8 pieces
- 1. Put coriander seeds into a medium bowl and crush, using the back of a spoon. Add the soy sauce, sherry, honey, ginger, oil, and garlic. Add the vegetables and toss. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- 2. Preheat the grill or broiler. String the vegetables onto four 6-inch skewers.
- 3. Cook 4 inches from the heat source, 3 minutes per side, brushing once with the marinade.