Arugula with Roasted Peppers, White Beans, Red Onion, and Feta
Recipe By Pam Anderson from “Perfect One-Dish Dinners”
The assertive ingredients in this salad—red onion, roasted peppers, and feta—partner well with the rich, creamy lasagna.
- 7 ounces (about 10 cups) prewashed baby arugula
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced strips roasted red peppers
- ½ can (about 16 ounces) white beans, drained (scant 1 cup)
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4–6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1–1½ tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1. Place arugula, onion, peppers, beans, and feta in a large bowl. Just before serving, toss with 4 tablespoons olive oil and a generous sprinkling of salt and pepper.
- 2. Taste, adding more oil, salt, or pepper, if necessary. Add 1 tablespoon vinegar, toss to coat, adding more, if necessary, to taste, and serve.